(On behalf of the Ashford Street Pastors)
We are looking to appoint a committed Christian who has a passion for God and community to serve as Coordinator for this vibrant ministry in the night-time economy. The post is based on up to 15 Hours (2 days) per week with competitive salary. Must be able to manage volunteers and work closely with our partners. DBS check will be carried out on successful applicant.
● To be a committed member of a local Christian church for at least 12 months.
● To be a passionate, prayerful disciple of Jesus committed to living out GOD’s Word.
● To represent the management committee in Ashford, taking responsibility for the administration and coordination of the Street Pastor Initiative.
● To help develop strategies to promote and move the Street Pastors project forward in the Ashford area.
● To deal with general day-to-day coordination of Street Pastor activities and any issues arising.
● To speak and give presentations on the work of Street Pastors in a variety of contexts including churches, police and local councils.
● To help to develop fundraising for the work of Street Pastors, in conjunction with the treasurer and finance group, including community fundraising events, grant bids and other sources of potential income.
● To be involved in recruitment and organising and overseeing the training of new Street Pastors.
● To assist the Chair and Management committee in the development of policies, procedures, code of conduct and practices for Street Pastors.
● Good IT Skills such as Microsoft programmes
● To be strong-willed and able to deal with situations arising.
For an application form and recruitment pack, please email email@example.com.
Applicants must be a regular and committed church member and have references upon request. This role is Self Employed (Consultant) and is responsible for self-assessment (HMRC)
Closing date for applications: Saturday 5th June 2021.
To take place mid – June 2021. As a genuine occupational requirement (as in our constitution – the Equality Act 2010) applicants must be practising Christians who subscribe to the Street Pastor mission goals and values.